Sunday, November 17, 2013

Those Wretched Negative Thoughts


Well it has been over a week now at the Residency.

I  experienced one of my negative mood shifts this morning. It is hard to describe. Like the anchor on my boat gets severed and I drift off into deeper, unchartered waters where a pending storm is threatening and shadows are falling. 

My shadows or inner critics are a force to be reckoned with. Lurking around in the back of my mind, they turn up as uninvited guests when I least expect them.....like on this beautiful residency. They are mean and nasty and full of lies. They are out to destroy and gnash their teeth with an entourage of negative thoughts that can literally wear me to the ground. But that is all they are 'thoughts'

I've had lots of experience with these negative thoughts in my head. What works for me is to expose them, bring them out into the light, take note of them and then, thank your critics!
"Thank you for your accusations. I have taken note of them. None of them are the true, as you know but if I have any doubts I will consult with my loved ones and those who care. You can go now...I've got things to do. Goodbye!"
 
Not always that easy, but it worked today. 

Here are a couple more charcoal sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments