Friday, April 11, 2014

Elijah

My Elijah painting is an important focus for this residency. I will prayerfully be  bringing together all months of collected thoughts and ideas and visuals and laying them out on the table This will be my chance to stay focused and see what evolves. Just this morning during my quiet time yet another idea sprang to mind and I really want to develop this one further, especially as it incorporates all of the previous ideas I've had into one. This is a very rough and ready sketch with notes that are not meaning a great deal yet so it doesn't matter if it is a blurred photo. When I visulized this image in my mind, the Christ figure (cosmic Christ was Gold and the arms stretched over all four or five panels. The print down the bottom will replicate newspaper reports. I would love to create each panel the size of a door, but I think I will have to scale that idea right back as there is a limit to the permissible size for the  exhibition. Christ would be made out of some sort of gold wire with barbed-wire round his head. The rain on the blue panel will be made with my glue gun so it is three dimensional. The next panel is pure red, probably house paint so it runs and drips down the canvas (without the blue pen color as in this sketch here.
 



This is a great cave picture from the inside.

I
“Now there was a great wind, so strong that it was splitting mountains and breaking rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a sound of sheer silence. When Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave. Then there came a voice to him that said, ‘What are you doing here, Elijah?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments