Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I Need A Fierce Clutter Buster

Today, I didn't get the vacuum cleaner into the car and I didn't make it to the studio. In fact I didnt get much done at all!

This urgent desire for less clutter and more order is still very strong. After spending most of the day doing non arty stuff, I then got on the computer to check out art competitions. This always consumes a lot of time and energy because you have to read all the rules of entry and the where, what, how and why? After this I was inspired to do some figure drawing. I was still at home? Did I have the paper I needed, did I have charcoal? - no. What about touch drawing? I had the tissue paper and the boards but no paint or rollers. They too were in my studio in Perth! 

Here I was frustrated once again by having a room in our house full of art stuff but not what I needed! Also there was no surface space on my table at home to work because it is covered in all the materials used for my encaustic work. Even my dining table is covered in my junk! This is getting serious. I have to do some serious culling and I don't know where to start. 

    



I suppose I am asking myself, what studio environment brings about a sense of well-being for me? What art materials need to be at my fingertips so that I can do my work?
If I want to have a sense of the divine working through me then how will I get in the frame of mind to allow that to happen? 

Normally I can work surrounded by clutter because I block it out. Right now I am acutely aware of it and I literally can't begin any artwork. 

I know it is going to take a great deal of energy and maybe a couple of weeks to sort through both studios. I'm not looking forward to it but I guess it is all part of getting rid of the old and allowing room for something new to come in. Over the last few years I have easily sorted through things each time I shifted studio, but this needs to be done ASAP. I am on the search for a  fierce clutter buster. One that will question me on how valid it is to keep something I haven't used in the last three years. I'll start in the morning, creating those three separate piles...to keep, to give away and to toss!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments