Thursday, June 20, 2013

June 2013 In Studio One - Part 1

Back peddling here to some of last months art work.
This is my very first Encaustic artwork using melted bees wax on a wooden panel. It was so exciting for me because there is so much you can add to the wax while it is still warm. You can layer it and score into it and even reheat and rework the layers. Thank you to Sharon, manager at Jacksons Art Supplies for the free introduction. I can't wait to experiment more with this versatile medium.
Sorry most of the photo's are blurred but I am so behind with all my editing!

20 x 20cm Wax on wood

This little set of three will soon be added to my updated ETSY on-line shop, along with about 30 other finished works. Still working on getting clear images for this AND setting up my new web page. Takes so long!
10 x 10cm mixed media on canvas
10 x 10 cm mixed media on canvas


10 x 10 cm mixed media on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments