Saturday, June 29, 2013

Ch.. Ch.. Ch.. Changes!

Turns out I wasn't successful in getting the $5000 Emerging Artist grant that I applied for just recently. 26 applied and only 5 received the grant. So, that threw me of my tracks for a few days and I have done very little work in the studio.

Sometimes it is hard to be self motivated when you loose a little bit of belief in yourself. Can't mope around for too long though as my next joint exhibition is in August when our artist studios are open to the public, so I'll be preparing for that.

What has kept me going these last few days is contemplating another arty passion in my life, and that is 'art therapy.'For about 20 years I have been drawn to Expressive art and Transpersonal Therapies. I have been involved with Spiritual Direction, Mental Health and Creativity Coaching, Touch Drawing and InterPlay, which all relate in some way to Art Therapy.
In the past there have always been road blocks. The university has required a degree in the Arts prior to doing Masters or the college has been in another state etc. This time the opportunity is knocking again and it seems to be quite possible to achieve a 2 year advanced diploma in Art Therapy at the IKON Institute in Perth.  I am excited about the subject matter, but I don't know whether or not IKON diplomas carry any weight out in the working world. This is one of the things I need to look into as it is a very expensive course, but I am still quite excited to be considering this.

Even though I want to keep my artwork developing alongside my possible study schedule, I am considering scaling back down, maybe finding out if Artsource have any smaller studios closer to home and all that sort of thing. At least I have till the end of the year to think about it all. Currently I am seeing if I could fit my study and art studio in together at home so there is lots of measuring of furniture and deciding what would have to go.

Changes are so disruptive aren't they?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments