Tuesday, May 7, 2013

What Am I Up To Now?

Apologies to those who were interested in the Touch Drawing Workshop, I had the 19th on a previous email but it is this Sunday 12th May and the Bookbinding is on the 19th May.

I am really enjoying teaching a few students this year. I've been teaching collage and mixed media techniques and using old second hand books with hard covers as our substrate. We tear a number of pages out to reduce the bulk. Then glue to or three pages together, apply gesso over the page, add paint, images or decorative papers, stamp with homemade or rubber stamps, stencil, add written words or doodles and so it goes on. These altered books are so much fun to work on as they are a  managable size and you end up with a whole collection off work secured in one book.  I haven't got any photos yet but they are coming. If you have any questions or would like more detail and instruction please email me or if you are in Perth, come along to a class.  $50 for a 90min session, all materials provided. It will be money well spent and eventually you will have a treasured collection of interesting artwork to browse through that doesn't take up space in the house or shed!

The month long Haughton Winery exhibition has now come to a close and I was very happy to sell 6 paintings and about 20 greeting cards I'd created. This really encouraged and affirmed me. It is such a buzz and an honour when people pay big money for your artwork because they love it and want to have it in their home.

Working towards our next Open Studio Day on June 30th. This is when the public are invited to come through our Artsource artists studios and chat with us about our art-making and they often buy our work too.

Got to go now to a place called DADAA in Midland now...some exciting stuff happening with a small grant that I received from InterPlay Australia. I'll write more about that on my 'Movement Artist' blog which you will find by clicking on InterPlay on the bar above.

We have rainy, stormy weather right now and I don't really want to go anywhere...sounds like the roof is gonna fly off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments